2013, POP-UP HOTEL, PINKCLOUD.DK
A pop-up concept that transforms empty Class A office spaces in midtown Manhattan into viable hospitality hubs.
- The hotel repurposes existing space.
- A new opportunity to create an immersive thematic environment that exists temporarily and can easily be changed.
- Social media savvy travelers will appreciate following the hotel to different sites.
2012, KOI, MM PLANNERS
Koi is a bridge-hotel that can be built across famous rivers around the world. Its architectural design will provide urban links and new functions for private and public spaces.
- This concept adds iconic architecture to an urban landscape.
- By connecting to land masses, the project is strategically located within a city.
- It is well-positioned to be a one-of-a-kind experience within any city.
2011, ARK HOTEL, REMI STUDIO
A hospitality solution for refuge and natural disasters, this self-reliant capsule can inhabit both land and sea.
- This shelter acts as its own ecosystem.
- The structure would withstand rising sea levels.
- It is natural disaster proof.
2010, MOSAIC, WATG
A multi-model shelter, Mosaic is an environmentally sustainable, flexible and highly-customizable solution to offer anything from medical treatment to a hotel.
The beauty of Mosaic ?
- It can be easily transported in and out of locations based on the need for hospitality environments.
- Low-risk hotel investing with a focus on the shelter itself rather than the real estate.
- Unprecedented adaptation of concept and sustainability.
2009, PIXEL HOTEL, METRO 1 PROPERTIES
One of the pioneers in the pod-hotel movement, this hotel has rooms that are scattered throughout the city of Linz, Austria.
The Pixel revolution ?
- The strength of the Pixel brand expands well beyond a single building, and it places guests squarely in the city itself.
- It is the ultimate experience for the modern, social traveler.
- It reinvented the traditional hotel model.
2008, OIL RIG PLATFORM & SPA, MORRIS ARCHITECTS
The first self-sufficient hotel in the Gulf of Mexico to be constructed from oil rigs, the Rig Hotel would offer an eco-friendly high-end hotel adventure to guests.
Its innovation ?
- The merger of the luxury resort and cruise experience.
- A sustainable solution that solves a waste problem.
- Making a green hotel concept high-end.
2007, POSEIDON UNDERSEA RESORT, JEAN-CLAUDE CARME
Proposed as the world’s first undersea hotel, this 7-star luxury resort would offer guests the experience of a lifetime underwater.
- Putting a traditional hospitality experience in unchartered territory.
- Giving the hotel a value proposition that makes it a valuable destination.